12.05.2014

Hunny Dos Husbands Do That Are Taken For Granted

There are those few tasks that our husbands do that we don't really think too much about. I found myself thinking about all of the things that my husband does that makes my life easier and it occurred to me how much it would suck if I didn't have him around to do those things. Here's why.

Taking Out The Trash
I do this every now and then but he mostly does this. It doesn't really bug me to take out the trash but I'll happily avoid hauling stinky trash out to the dumpster especially in cold weather if he's willing to.

Changing Light Bulbs
This is a pain in the ass, especially if your short. I'm glad he does this because I would probably break the light cover by dropping it.

Cleaning Ceiling Fans
While we are talking about daunting task that involve having your arms above your head, I hate cleaning ceiling fan blades. It's just not something I particularly enjoy doing. Plus the dust is a pain to get off.

Shampooing Carpets
I love having clean carpets. If I could, I would just not have carpets but as long as I'm not the one who has to fill the water tank, slowly work my way across the floor foot by foot and dump gross, brown water down the drain; having to deal with carpet really isn't all that bad.... I guess.

Cleaning the Dryer Vent Hose
Basically, the dryer is large and heavy. Plus, hauling the shop vac downstairs and then having to reattach the dryer hose after cleaning it. Count me out.

Moving Furniture
Well, this is simple. I help him but I definitely couldn't do this myself. This is probably a pain for him because I'm indecisive and change my mind at least two times before the furniture is where I want it.

Picking Up Dog Poop
Just...ew.

Mowing the Lawn
I have allergies. I would be miserable for days if I were to go out and mow the lawn.

Changing the Oil in the Vehicles
Now, I could if I had to but I'd much rather him do it. Plus, I'm sure that crawling under a vehicle and getting greasy does something for his testosterone. It's a guy thing.

Cooking Dinner
This is usually my domain but every now and then he offers to cook. It might not be a five course, restaurant chef inspired meal but if it means I don't have to cook, I will sure as hell enjoy it like it is.

Going to Work
I'm not saying my job is any more or any less stressful, demanding and tiring as his, however he brings home the bacon, He is what makes this family stay afloat. I just take the pressure off at home for him. And I get to be my own boss.

Cleaning Under the Stove and Refrigerator
Once again. It's easier for him to move these things, with his big strong arms and all! With all of the upkeep and daily cleaning tasks I already do, these bi-yearly tasks don't much appeal to me.

Killing Spiders
Ok, go ahead and laugh. Yes, I squirm like a worm when I see a creepy crawly. My husband is no more of a fan of the eight legged freak than I am but he's my hero because despite his hatred for spiders he always shows up with a shoe and paper towel.

Dishes
I mention this because I would clean toilets over doing dishes; even with the snazzy new dishwasher I have. It's just one of those things that I really should appreciate more because he does it because he knows I don't enjoy it.

Rubbing my Back
Let me say that it is far and few between when it comes to talking my guy out of a back rub, but when I can convince him it sure does feel good. I really shouldn't take them for granted because I can't chance that they will get more sporadic.

Organizing Clutter
Everyone has it. It's usually on a desk or a counter. You know, that lovely collection of mail, shit the school sends home, and random items that belong elsewhere in your house that have some how ended up in your catch all spot. That is my kitchen counter. It drives me absolutely bat shit to see it. Even more to have to go through it. That's why I am glad my husband takes on the task of sorting through the piles of nonsense.

Fixing Things
From installing a new garbage disposal to "my keurig won't work again!!", to cleaning out the disgusting collection of loogies and matted hair from the drains. I should have no reason to complain because he always manages to get this done!


I know there are times when I am in that mood and it seems like my husband doesn't do much to help me out around the house. I'm clearly wrong. I clearly need to take a step back and realize how much he does and how grateful I am that I don't have to do it!

What are some things your husband or significant other does that makes your life easier! 
Comment Below!





No comments:

Post a Comment