8.31.2014

Cake and a toddler meal hack!

Today I spent some time in my kitchen. Almost all day actually. My husband's birthday is coming up and we have a sick Camaro SS so I used it as inspiration for his cake. I'm not going to give a step by step for this or anything but I wanted to show it off. It's no masterpiece but it's also one of the few I've used fondant on.
Happy Birthday (a few days early) to my amazing husband!! 


Also, since I spent all day in the kitchen we had spaghetti for dinner because it's simple. Well, we had some leftovers so instead of letting them sit in the fridge for days I decided on a different use for the sauce and noodles. My baby loves noodles with any type of sauce on them and it's usually my go to meal for her. I put the leftovers in my mini food processor and did a rough chop so it would be ready to warm and serve and portioned it in baggies to freeze!

Don't forgt to label and date! 
We call them "saucy noodles"! :)



This could be done with almost any food you make for dinner that your baby/toddler eats. Just make sure the ingredients freeze well. 

Also, my preferred method for thawing is to place the baggie under running hot water until it's warm enough to serve! Safer than using the microwave! 

No comments:

Post a Comment