9.17.2014

Delicious Shredded Beef

So, I know in a post a while back I had mentioned that you would see a future blog post about simple, healthy school lunches but to my surprise my son has, more often than not, chose to eat hot lunch at school. When he does want me to pack a lunch for him he usually requests Rev Wraps, you know those protein packed, prepackaged meat and cheese wraps you buy in the cooler section at your grocery store. I have no problem with these, although I find them a bit dry.
Anyway, without school lunches to blog about I've decided to share a yummy shredded beef recipe with you that I've recently made for my family on two occasions now. First time I used the shredded beef in enchiladas and the second we wrapped the meat in tortillas with cheese and sour cream. Either way it was great.


What you need:

1 rump roast
2 cans beef broth
2 small cans of diced green chilies
1/2 white onion
McCormick Mexican Fiesta Marinade
1 small can of red enchilada sauce
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp black pepper

Mix all ingredients together in a crock pot and cook on low for 8-12 hours. 
Shred beef and put it back into crock pot for 1 hour. 
Use for tacos, burritos or enchiladas.  

*The meat will be in a lot of broth. Before you use it make sure to drain the broth off of the meat so it doesn't make your tortilla soggy*

This meat is extremely flavor packed and smells delicious while it is cooking! 
My favorite way to eat it is simply wrapped in a tortilla with pepper jack cheese. 
Let me know how it turns out for you! 

**Update**
I've found its hard to find the McCormick marinade all the time so in place you can use
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
2 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp lime juice or juice from 1 fresh lime
The flavor of those combined ingredients won't be much different. 
-N

No comments:

Post a Comment