9.17.2014

Cheeseburger Rotini

This is my version of Cheeseburger Macaroni. I wanted to play it up so I used Rotini. It's a fairly quick meal that can be prepared ahead of time for a busy week night. This is one of my favorite go to meals when I want a tasty, filling dinner that doesn't require much effort on my part.

Need:
1 lb hamburger
1 box of noodles (I used Rotini)
1 jar of cheddar cheese sauce (I used Ragu)
1 can diced tomatoes in tomato juice
1/2 C. Dill relish (optional)
2 tbsp ketchup (optional)
2 tbsp mustard (optional)
1 tsp season salt
1/2 C. Shredded cheddar
Brown hamburger over med/high heat.
Boil pasta per directions on box.
Drain diced tomatoes. 
Reduce heat once hamburger is browned.
Mix together tomatoes, relish, mustard, ketchup and season salt in a separate bowl.
(Keep in mind you can leave out those ingredients if you don't like them but it's much better with them.) 
Once hamburger is browned add the mixture to the hamburger and stir.
Add cheese sauce to hamburger and stir. 
Drain noodles. 
Mix together hamburger and noodles and put into a greased, oven safe baking dish. 
Top with shredded cheddar.
Put in oven on 350° for 15 minutes.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment