11.05.2014

My Little Pony Party

October is my favorite month. However, this year my feels weren't hurt at all to welcome November. Aside from celebrating my daughter's 1st birthday (and planning it), I was somehow talked into making a damn near identical version of the Pennywise Clown costume from the movie "It" by Stephen King for my brother. My sewing machine and I are friends off..... at least until the new year. (Will post about the costume in an additional post)
~
My Daughter Turned 1!! 
I loved how the My Little Pony party turned out. It was adorable! Here are a few ideas if you are thinking of having a MLP party of your own!

With the growing popularity of My Little Pony you can find themed party supplies at pretty much any party supply store. I found a lot of mine at Zurchers. To save money I found a few themed decorations and bought plain coordinating color plates, silverware, napkins and cups. Also, I found a lot of the colorful baskets I used at Dollar Tree.
Rarity's Treasures
I chose to do party favors; for boys and girls it seemed a little more versatile. If you're having a party for school aged children with your guests being girls, in the show Rarity is a fashion designer a great idea would be to buy or make tutus where the colors coordinate with the 6 main ponies on the show. Use felt fabric to cut out "Cutie Marks" and fabric glue to attach them to the tutus. 
Rainbow Dash's Tasty Treats
Simple. Use candy that has various colors of the rainbow. M&Ms, Skittles, Rainbow Twizzlers, lollipops. .. etc. 
Twilight Sparkle's Sparkling Punch
Self explanatory.
1 Liter of 7-up
1 Quart Grape Juice
Pineapple Juice for tartness add as much or as little as you would like. The more you add the more tangy your punch will be. 

Fluttershy's Animal Crackers
This was the hardest for me to figure out. I settled on animal crackers because this pony is the keeper of the animals. 


Pinkie Pie's Cotton Candy & Cupcakes
Obviously she is a party planner.
The cupcakes have blue cotton candy frosting and white frosting piped for clouds and a candy rainbow stuck into them.
The cotton candy was bought in packages at my local Dollar Tree store. 
Applejack's Cider & Pony Snacks
I bought Apple Cider at Walmart and filled a relish tray with celery, carrots and grape tomatoes with ranch and apple slices with caramel.
Behind that are BLT Pinwheels.
8 Oz Cream Cheese softened
1 cup Mayo
About 10 slices of Bacon chopped in to pieces
Shredded Lettuce
Fresh Diced Tomatos
Tortillas
Mix all ingredients together and spread onto tortillas. Roll tortillas and slice them in 1 inch slices. Put on serving tray.

Lastly, for a party game I did a quick Etsy search and found "Pin the Tail in the Pony" perfect! Here is that link:

Hope this has inspired your next MLP party! 
Happy Celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment